Thursday, November 7, 2013

Instant bonds and friendship

I'm not even in the Air Force yet (officially, anyway), and already it's instant comraderie when I meet or chat with someone in the Air Force, or even in other branches! 

I got this little gem from Cup of Joe:
Kristi - thanks for the drink! It's good to know people back home are thinking of us. It's still pretty hot in Africa, so I'll probably stick to the iced coffee. Good luck in BMT. It can be pretty rough, so just remember not to let it get you down and that BMT won't last forever.

How awesome to be encouraged from Africa??? Who else can say that? (Oh wait, I already have a dear friend in the Peace Corps there- I can say it twice!)  I meet recruiters from various branches (at the school I work at) and while some jokingly try to "steal" me from the Air Force, they are always pleasant to talk to and wish me luck.  Although my favorite day is  when the AF recruiters are here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment